Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/customer/www/aspirewellbeinghub.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323
Winter Wellness: Staying mindful and healthy this Winter
The end of the year is approaching and with that comes shorter days and colder weather which can affect both your mental and physical health!
It’s important to develop and maintain healthy habits during this festive time of year and that means doing more than just staying inside with the heating on! Here are six ways to stay healthy this Winter:
- Wash your hands often. This is a message we have heard so much this year in regards to the Coronavirus Pandemic and it is still just as important even if there was no pandemic around, especially in Winter. In Winter, germs and illnesses seem to thrive in colder weather so continuing to wash your hands will aid in preventing you catching any flu-like illnesses such as cold or flu.
- Consider what you are eating. As part of your efforts to stay well and avoid the cold and flu this winter, it’s important to eat healthy including eating foods that aid your immune system such as citrus fruits, broccoli, garlic, ginger, spinach, yogurt and almonds. All of these foods are proven to help build a healthy immune system so stock up!
3. Keep moving! We all know the benefits of exercise and the endorphins it can release so keeping moving in the Winter is still just as important as ever. If you aren’t wanting to brave the outside, there are plenty of workouts on YouTube that can have the same effect as going for a run
4. Vitamin D! While daylight hours are limited in Winter, it is still really important to try and get some Vitamin D where you can and can stop you suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). If you are finding yourself not getting that much natural Vitamin D, experts recommend taking a supplement to avoid a deficiency which is extremely common in the months October – March due to reduced sunlight hours, just taking one vitamin tablet a day can help to give you the levels of vitamin D you require.
5. Maintain your skin! Cold weather can really have an affect on your skin, leaving you with dryness, flaking, cracking, and in some cases, eczema. Keep yourself hydrated with water and ensure you moisturise twice a day.
Get in touch
If you’d like to speak to one of our team, please fill out the form and we’ll be in touch.